The Post-Master’s APRN Certificate Program:
This program is for those Master’s-prepared advanced practice nurses (nurse practitioners) who hold current “certification” in a clinical specialty area who wish to obtain the coursework needed to sit for certification in another area. The SON currently offers a Post-MSN certificate in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and Family Nurse Practitioner.
The Post-Master’s certificate consists of 18 credit hours which includes a minimum of 500 clinical hours. When applying to the Post-Master’s Certificate program, please select “Graduate Certificate” in the application system. Please note that the clinical hours are “required” for national certification and cannot be waived or negotiated.
Post-Master’s Application Deadline and Process:
The Application deadline for the 2020 Cohort is March 2020.
- All applicants are required to attend a face-to face interview with faculty on the NMSU campus (no web conferencing or phone interviews are conducted).
- New students are required to attend a week long boot camp during the summer after being accepted.
ATTENTION: You must use the application process for admission to the Post-Master’s program. Create a log in and follow the steps in the process to ensure that your application is received at both the School of Nursing and NMSU Graduate School.
- See How to Apply to Graduate School
- See Application Process and Criteria for Enrollment
- See Post-Master’s APRN Degree Plan
|NOTE: Two sets of official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended must be sent from that institution: One set needs to go directly to NMSU Graduate School in a sealed envelope and one set to the School of Nursing also in a sealed envelope. Student/applicant- delivered transcripts are not accepted.|
Interested applicants or for questions, contact:
Karen Pech, Adviser