The Nursing Program offers two options for 2nd degree seeking students. Both programs are designed for students who already have a Bachelor’s degree in another field but would like to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
BSN Roadrunner Option
This fast-paced degree plan serves students from diverse academic and professional backgrounds who are seeking a fast-track to a career in nursing. Students are required to complete the five (5) semester BSN program in 19 months. This program begins in the summer semester. Application deadline is February 1st.
BSN Pathways Option
This degree plan allows students from diverse academic and professional backgrounds to complete their nursing degree with the traditional BSN cohort. This five (5) semester BSN program begins in the fall or spring semester, however students do not attend during the summer. Application deadline is February 1st for the fall semester start and September 1st for the spring semester start.
- A completed Bachelors degree from an accredited university with a minimum graduating GPA of 3.00
- If a student has a bachelor degree but does not have a minimum graduating GPA of 3.00 they may apply to the traditional BSN program.
- Completion of all pre-requisite courses with a grade of B or better
- Completion of the HESI-A2 Admission Exam (Biology, Chemistry, Math and all English sections) with a score of > 75%
- Submission of a complete application by the deadline (see above)
Pre-requisite Courses (must be no older than 7 years at the start of the BSN curriculum)
- Anatomy (with lab) and Physiology; or A&P I (with lab) and A&P II (with lab)
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Pathophysiology – ROADRUNNER ONLY
All 2nd degree seeking students must meet in person or by phone with an advisor in the School of Nursing to review eligibility and obtain the BSN application.
- All applicants to the 2nd degree BSN options must be admitted to New Mexico State University as an undergraduate transfer.
- Application to NMSU can be found at: http://prospective.nmsu.edu/apply/
- Application to NMSU as an international student: https://isss.nmsu.edu/
- Complete information and links for the NMSU Admissions office can be found at: https://admissions.nmsu.edu/
For more information about any of our BSN program options, please contact the School of Nursing undergraduate advisors at 575-646-7311 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit us in the SON Advising Center in the College of Health and Social Services room 110.